The precise nuances of some definitions are not worth debating over; the definition of the Church’s mission is. (Obviously we think so, with a ministry title like Missions Mandate!)
The theme for the Oct 21, 22 conference is “Church, Kingdom, Mission: Understanding and Assessing the Missional Church Movement.”
General Sessions will cover:
- What is the relationship between the Church and the Kingdom?
- What is the mission of the Church?
- What is the relationship between the great commandment and the great commission?
- What is the Church’s role in the transformation of society?
- Does the church exist to serve the world?
List of workshop topics:
- The ‘Kingdom of Heaven/God’ and the Church: A Case Study of Hermeneutics and Theology
- Kingdom: Present Reality, Future Reality or Both?: Toward an Answer
- History, Ecclesiology, and Mission, Or, Are We Neglecting Some Options Here?
- Different Paradigms and Diverse Practices: Do we avoid the more popular practices of “missional ministry” because we are just behind the times, or is our difference in practice a result of biblical commitments?
- 1 Corinthians 11:3 and the Role of Women in the Church
- How Does the Prophetic Ethic of Micah 6:8 Relate to the New Testament Church?
- An Interaction with Russell D. Moore, The Kingdom of Christ. Chapter entitled - “Toward A Kingdom Ecclesiology: The Church as Kingdom Community”
- The Gospel and the Poor: Towards an Understanding of How Christians Relate to Poverty
The early registration rate of $50 ends Oct 13. College students attend free; prospective students may receive financial assistance for travel, pending confirmation through DBTS (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Also, Dr. Rolland McCune’s third, and final, Systematic Theology volume will be available for purchase at the conference. Complete conference details. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Come and join the propositional, semantical conversation.
Missions Mandate and Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary are ministries of Inter-City Baptist Church. While there is no formal relationship between the two, Missions Mandate thoroughly endorses this conference and the ministry of DBTS.